This page contains helpful information for those new to the team as well as those that are seasoned.
Helpful Apps and Websites
- The Blue Alliance – Gives real-time updates of competition matches / team rankings during competitions.
- FRC Spyder – Gives real-time updates of competition matches / team rankings during competitions.
- Register your student with FIRST my.firstinspires.org/stims/Login.aspx our team is 3656
- To volunteer with our team a FRC volunteer sign-up is required my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/VIMS/VIMS_TC.aspx
- Dexter Community Schools adult volunteer form for participation with our team
- Dexter Community Schools Internal Activity Accounts Check Request Form (for use by approved mentors only).
- Maker Works release forms Sections 1 & 2 and Section 3
Typically the students fill out sections 1, and the parents sign sections 2 and 3.
Parent’s additionally list the student’s name on the back of section 2, part 6.
Please have the FIRST Team # written in the “Member Number” section.
FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) participants are eligible to apply for more than 200 scholarships worth $70 million. Search for scholarships by major or school name.
Make sure you apply by the deadline.
Learn more about the scholarships available through FIRST at www.firstinspires.org/scholarships.
Team competitions and rankings
- To see where our team ranks in the state www.thebluealliance.com/events/fim#rankings. Our team number is 3656.
- For our team’s competition results and upcoming competitions www.thebluealliance.com/team/3656.
Team social media
- See our team’s code github.com/dreadbot
- Team Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/208035782546069/
- Team Twitter page twitter.com/DHSDreadbots (DHSDreadbots)
- Team Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/dreadbots_3656/?hl=en
- Team Pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com/DreadbotsFRC3656/
- Team YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDvHqqIyyuDJfkyZ5XHjZig/featured?disable_polymer=1
- FIRST website www.firstinspires.org/
- FIRST calendar of important FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) dates https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/calendar
- Subscribe to the FIRST e-newsletter www.firstinspires.org/community/newsletter-subscription
FRC Robot building inspiration sites
- Ri3D (Robot in 3 days) videos on YouTube channel featuring FRC game challenge robots build in 3 days
- Chief Delphi forum is a site for FRC teams to discuss all things robotics
- FIRST in Michigan (FIM) discord server discuss technical and non-technical items with teams from Michigan.
- FRC discord server discuss all things FRC with teams from around the world.
- Wiring the FRC Control System details the wiring of a basic electronics board for bench-top testing.
- Wiring FRC Pneumatics the instructions to wire pneumatics.
- FRC Driver Station documents creation of a driver station.
- FRC Control System Hardware (RoboRIO) gives a complete description of the control system hardware.
- FRC Vision Processing details how to set up robot vision processing.
- FRC C++ Programming advises on how to program the robot using C++.
- Onshape free online CAD program.